First Deployment As An Insurance Adjuster
Hey, all new insurance adjusters! Are you worried about being a catastrophe on your first assignment? Have you got your first deployment? Congratulations… don’t worry! We’ve got you covered! Jumping into anything for the first time can be challenging, that’s why we’re here to make your first day go super smooth.
If you are worried about dealing with your first deployment, don’t anymore because we’re going to help you prepare for your first deployment.
Ready? Let’s Go…
PREPARATION FOR INSURANCE ADJUSTERS FIRST DEPLOYMENT
If you are going to be managing insurance claims you are going to want to know what you are getting yourself into. In this following article, you will learn some basic and important stuff for your first deployment. We will be dealing with the flood claim preparation especially. Because floods and hurricanes are good for adjusters as they cause lots of damage.
STEP 1: PREPARE YOUR FOOD
Prepare your food bag before departing for your deployment. Sometimes you may have deployment away from your home or in another state. So you are going to need lots of food and travel preparation for your long journey towards your claim.
STEP 2: THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHILE BECOMING AN ADJUSTER
- For example-If you charge 25$ hourly you will earn 1000$ per week. But if you work 70 hours a week including overtime you can make about two thousand and one hundred dollars ($2,100)
- If you earn 350$ or 650$ a day that is low because you are going to deal with 3 claims per day at least.
- Each claim will pay you 350$. You are guaranteed about working 10 hours. So even if you don’t have enough claims as compared to your daily rate, they will match your hourly rate and match it. So, you won’t lose much money.
STEP 3: PREPARE FOR THE CHALLENGES
As a new claim adjuster you will face these following challenges during your deployment;
- EXPENSES: The expenses are high as the licenses are really highly rated. They vary from 115$ to 400$.
- WINTER SEASON: In cold weather, it is hard to work. Since nobody wants to leave their cozy bed, it is hard to go out in the snowy harsh weather for work until, a good amount is offered.
- LOTS Of PAPERWORK: Claims adjuster job is all about paperwork. You will have to file a claim; then you have to read the policies again and again. You have to check the rules and policy statements frequently to check if the policy covers the damage or not. So, paperwork is really exhausting and sometimes you get very furious. You have to prepare yourself for this hectic routine of your job.
- FOLLOW-UP: Follow up is also pretty stressful. You get lots of kickbacks like ‘this is not right, this is incorrect’ etc. You have to talk with the homeowner also every couple of days. This is not embarrassing but it is time-wasting and frustrating. It may cause headaches and can consume lots of time.
STEP 4: PICK YOUR CERTIFICATES
Pick up your certificates that you have achieved from your training courses and classes. So the claim placers will have the satisfaction that they are handing over their property’s responsibility in the right professional hands. So, this is a plus point for you for gaining the trust of the homeowner if you bring your legal certificates with yourself while you are going for a deployment.
STEP 5: CARRY YOUR NECESSARY SUPPLIES
As an adjuster, you need to have important tools and accessories to perform your job perfectly. The following are some basic supplies that you need all the time;
- Gloves ( medical gloves, fit gloves, electric current resistant gloves)
- First aid kit
- 16th foot ladder
- Apps ( Google voice, cam scanner, Gmail )
SOME OTHER NECESSARY SUPPLIES;
- 100$ cash in pocket
- Phone case
- Shingle gauge
- Power banks
- Food and water
If you want your first deployment to become successful and you want to get good remarks from the clients, work as a professionally responsible adjuster and make your positive mark. After all, you are representing your company and you will be dealing with people’s personal property. Sometimes at the time of any disasters, people are really desperate and stressed. As an insurance adjuster, you have to guide them rightly and have to help them out in such a crisis.
Follow these steps to be successful in your first and upcoming all the deployments –> Getting Starte As An Adjuster